Leather furniture can dramatically improve the look of any room and can last a very long time. However, it must be properly maintained. Leather requires conditioning on a regular basis in order to maintain the integrity of the material. As you would condition your skin and keep it moisturized, you must apply the same concept to your leather furniture.
If the moisture level of your leather furniture is not maintained, it could dry out or worse, crack. Once that happens, it is extremely difficult to repair.
In order to keep your leather furniture clean and maintained, leave the job to the professionals. First Response Carpet Cleaning has invested in training of all kinds to stay up-to-date on the recent cleaning technologies. If you need to protect your leather furniture, and want to hand that task over to a professional, give us a call at 631-587-5300 for a free estimate.
LEATHER CLEANING TIPS
There are several things you can do at home to keep your leather properly maintained.
- Prevent spills: Leather is extremely porous and will readily absorb any spill that comes it’s way. It is impossible to never have a spill, however if you do experience a spill, wipe it up immediately.
- Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations: For cleaning tips, check the manufacurer’s tag located in an inconspicuous area of the furniture. Each manufacturer will have directions on the proper care for the furniture.
- Remove dirt first: Before treatment of your leather, make sure all dirt, dust and debris are removed. Even if you cannot see it visually, chances are, there is some present. The best tool is a soft brush since heavy scrubbing or abrasive tools can scratch and damage the furniture. Using a vacuum or HEPA vacuum, sweep the entire surface area of the furniture, including areas under the cushions.
- Wash using a mild soap: The best cleaning solution is to use a mild detergent. Remember to choose a soap that will not dry out the leather, but rather one that can clean but has moisturizing capabilities as well.
- Moisturize the finish of the leather: The most important action a homeowner can take to cleaning their leather furniture is to ensure moisture is restored. There are several products on the market to apply, or find an approved oil that has been used for leather restoration.
Remember, if you clean your leather furniture and do not restore the moisture, you could find the leather will dry out or crack prematurely.
CHOOSE FIRST RESPONSE CARPET CLEANING
If you have leather furniture in your home that you would like conditioned and cleaned, choose First Response Carpet Cleaning. Servicing the Long Island, NY and surrounding areas, we have over 20 years of experience in leather cleaning. Our number one goal is your satisfaction, so if you choose us, we promise you will not be disappointed. And if you need your old mattress restored, you can contact us for a proper mattress cleaning and get help immediately.
a free consultation for your leather cleaning needs,
please give us a call at 631-587-5300.